What is Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy?
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (referred to as BCST) is performed fully clothed on a massage table. It is a non-manipulative healing modality, which means no pressure is applied to the body or to injured areas-just light touch. Because no pressure is applied to the body, BCST is safe, gentle and applicable during times of inflammation or activation. I respond to your complaints by holding areas of your body that are in pain and listening to their relationship to the whole of you, encouraging deep healing processes that bring balance back.
BCST allows you to feel a profound state of relaxation, well-being and wholeness.
In our initial consultation we spend time discussing your history, current issues/discomforts and overall lifestyle, and creating a set of treatment goals. As sessions progress we check to see how those goals are being met and reassess them if needed. We discuss your treatment plan in ongoing sessions, and as we progress I explain what’s happening, so that you are empowered to make your own relationship with the healing forces of Biodynamics.
BCST can support and heal:
- Anxiety and insomnia, a sense of restlessness and/or ADHD
- Depression, exhaustion, lack of purpose and meaning
- Chronic pain in the lower back, neck, joints, feet, gut and fascia
- Whiplash, neck and head injuries and concussion-related issues
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and digestive issues
- Acute injuries, sports or work-related, from over-use, misuse or accidents
- Inflammation and auto-immune concerns
- Healing from surgery, and readying the body to undergo surgery
- TMJ issues, headaches and migraines
- Emotional trauma, sexual abuse, PTSD and issues from a high ACES score
- Feelings of loneliness, isolation, being misunderstood or different
BCST arose originally out of Osteopathic medicine, as did Chiropractic medicine. My work has much in common with modalities like Polarity Therapy, Network Chiropractic and the Rosen Method. The Biodynamic approach works holistically (physical, emotional, mental) so emotional releases are common, allowing a person to feel more balanced and healthy. Thinking patterns may become more supportive or quiet after a treatment. Additionally, the central nervous system is allowed to release its stored-up energy, which helps relieve anxiety, exhaustion and depression.
One of the most surprising things about BCST is the potential for us to have a profound experience of deep stillness and of the Biodynamic forces (which we call Primary Respiration) that are supporting all of us. Each time encounter a state of deep peace, quietude and freedom from physical/emotional/psychic pain, it has a lasting and healing effect: the body learns a new state of being, experiences a new normal. The more this happens, the more our bodies shift. When we experience ourselves as a fluid and energetic whole, our assumptions about our limitations and illnesses are challenged; indeed, we experience ourselves as a united, holistic field, experiencing our fundamental health and freedom. One of our founders used the phrase, “Health is never lost.” I couldn’t agree more.
I look forward to sharing this life-changing work with you.